Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cake decorating

I have been dipped in sugar! Working in different type of icing flowers for my cake decorating class. For the grand finale, we had to work on a basket cake full of flowers that reminds me of my "Quince Anos" party. The smell and the taste took me back to my childhood where I used to steal icing flowers from wedding cakes. I am not into this style any more, but I have to admit the basic techniques I have learned are helping me a lot. I am also improving in my kitchen control ...I am making less mess every time.
Here my journey to the last class of course 2.

My tips and colors. How did I make my treats without them in the past?


Icing flowers




Ready for some design
Working on the basket


Preparing for some borders


The result

No comments:

Post a Comment